The Internet has the capacity to level the playing field between small and big business regarding capturing market share. Search marketing – Search engine optimization, Pay per click and viral marketing is the most effective and most inexpensive approach to driving visitors to a website. Any sort of business with a website can participate.
Trends in Search Engine Marketing. North American advertisers spent US $9.4 billion on search engine optimization in 2006. This represented a 62% increase over the prior year plus an 750% increase from 2002. The explanation for this growth has to do with the explosive expansion of the net worldwide – a trend which includes impacted every industry in each and every developed country, producing huge amounts of dollars in revenue for companies having a strong Internet presence.
Search Engine Optimization to increase Internet Site Traffic. Search engine optimization (SEM) describes listings and links to websites which are produced on the pages of the search engines directory (like Google, Yahoo or MSN) each time a keyword key word or phrase is entered. There are two kinds of results which can be produced. Listings towards the top or right column are sponsored results from advertisers who pay each and every time someone clicks on their ad and visits their web site. This is known as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. The largest SEM vendors for sponsored searching are Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.
The 2nd type of search results would be the free organic listings which can be produced because of content and code on the web site that match criteria dependant on the major search engines- essentially search engines like google look for keywords, relevant content, meta tags, alt tags, backlinks and traffic flow. The entire process of getting webpages to fit these criteria is called search engine optimization or SEO. The closer the web page matches the search engine’s criteria, the greater the ranking order for that website. If a website is not found on the first or second page of search engine rankings, it is actually unlikely that can be found and result in traffic. Any number of pages on a website might be optimized and found through the major search engines. You will find hundreds to 1000s of search engines. The vast majority of searches however come through Google, Yahoo and MSN. Each internet search engine uses different rules or algorithms for determining ranking order. These rules can and frequently do change over time. That is why it is an ongoing process to achieve and keep a great pagerank with SEO. When SEO features a presence in forums, blogs, social media sites, and multimedia directories, the effect is viral marketing – this is when traffic and results become very exciting!
Best Results Through SEO and Viral Marketing – An excellent SEO program will never just create a high page ranking for keywords, it will drive traffic from a particular potential audience to internet site pages from many different sources. These may include links from relevant web sites valued by search engines like google, forums, blogs, social networking sites, multimedia directories and web-based pr releases. The sum total of all of this marketing produces a viral effect resulting in high search engine ranking positions and explosive web site traffic.
17 critical components for SEO with viral marketing results:
1. Market and keyword research and analysis to figure out keywords which can be searched in significant numbers and highly relevant to the internet site’s target audience.
2. Incorporating an XML site map to ensure that search engines like google can crawl the net site easily.
3. Incorporation of informative content-rich website pages for the existing website based upon targeted keywords.
4. Defining keyword-rich Titles and Meta tags for each and every page of the internet site to make every page online search engine friendly.
5. Hand submitting the internet site to niche directories to obtain valuable one of many ways links.
6. Writing and developing keyword-rich articles centered on targeted keywords.
7. Creating a blog for your web site and submitting it to blog directories and blog search engines.
8. Submitting articles to leading E-zines along with other informative sites to get one of the ways links along with relevant traffic for the internet site.
9. Exchanging links with some other relevant websites to boost back links for the website.
10. Engaging in niche Blogs & Forums to have quality backlinks and traffic.
11. Making a presence in Social Book marking sites.
12. Making a presence in Social Networking sites.
13. Taking part in Video Sharing using video that showcases the internet site’s mission, purpose, logo and unique selling position.
14. Feed creation and submission to numerous RSS directories.
15. Press release creation and submission.
16. Including powerful and effective marketing copy in every content produced for the SEO and viral marketing program.
17. Tracking of results and making modifications based on traffic patterns, lead generation results and sales conversion data.
A plain vanilla SEO program that optimizes web pages will produce limited results. I actually have personally seen companies charge a lot of money and stuff keywords into pages that no human being would read. They could get noticed orgnls the major search engines but individuals will be off that site in a heartbeat. The end result is effective marketing copy in anything that is produced for your project.
Most SEO companies do not include a number of these viral marketing concepts in their program. By using this listing of criteria while shopping around for a company to accomplish your SEO will assist you to obtain the most value for the investment you spend. Done well and responsibly managed, SEO and viral marketing can be your most productive marketing investment.